The UK’s Industrial Strategy sets out how we will invest in the skills, industries and infrastructure of the future and support our citizens and businesses to embrace and benefit from the opportunities of technological change.
Building on our strengths, the strategy ensures we remain one of the world’s most open economies by:
- welcoming investment from overseas
- participating in global supply chains
- buying and selling goods and services from all over the world
- continuing our active participation in the international community
The Industrial Strategy sets out a long term plan to boost the productivity and earning power of people throughout the UK.
It sets out how we are building a Britain fit for the future – how we will help businesses create better, higher-paying jobs in every part of the UK with investment in the skills, industries and infrastructure of the future.
Our 5 foundations align to our vision for a transformed economy:
- ideas: the world’s most innovative economy
- people: good jobs and greater earning power for all
- infrastructure: a major upgrade to the UK’s infrastructure
- business environment: the best place to start and grow a business
- places: prosperous communities across the UK
We will set Grand Challenges to put the UK at the forefront of the industries of the future.
We will use this strategy to work with industry, academia and civil society over the years ahead to build on the UK’s strengths, make more of our untapped potential and create a more productive economy that works for everyone across the UK.
For more information on the Industrial Strategy, you can visit the website here.