Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund
The Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund aims to bring together the UK’s world-leading research with business to meet the major industrial and societal challenges of our time.
The Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund provides funding and support to UK businesses and researchers. The fund is part of the government’s £4.7 billion increase in research and development over 4 years.
The Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund:
- Builds on the UK’s world-class research base and delivers the science that business needs to transform existing industries and create new ones
- Accelerates commercial exploitation of the most exciting technologies the UK has to offer the world to ensure that scientific investment truly delivers economic impact, jobs and growth right across the country
- Programmes delivered by the fund will be industry-led and powered by multi-disciplinary research and business-academic collaboration
- Delivered by UK and Research Councils.
You can find more detail on each of the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund challenges here but briefly, the challenges are:
- Quantum Technology
- Robotics in Hazardous Environments
- Faraday Battery Challenge
- Next Generation Services
- Audience of the Future
- Transforming Construction
- Prospering from the Energy Revolution
- Transforming Food Production
- Medicines Manufacturing
- Healthy Ageing
- Data for Early Diagnostics and Precision Medicine
It is designed to ensure that research and innovation takes centre stage in the Government’s Industrial Strategy.